Sunday 12 March 2017

My Role Model

A person who serves as an example of the values, attitudes, and behaviours associated with a role. For example, an actor or a great national leader. Role models can also be persons who distinguish themselves in such a way that others admire and want to emulate them. But for me the role model is the one who supports you  and inspires you and also understands you more than anyone else; he is none other than my dad. When I was a kid, I always thought that he is the superhero and there is nothing that he cannot achieve or do.

I have lot of things to say concealed deep into my heart to my role model. Firstly I want to thank you for everything you've taught me. The value of hard work and perseverance. I m so blessed that you cultivated "the never give up"attitude in me which has continued to help me succeed in my life.There were times I didn't understand why you gave me hard times but now I realise its not easy being a father. You are right more often than I admitted.
Secondly, I want to appreciate the sense of love and care for humanity you instilled in me. I must confess that as a child I always judged you for being reluctant but now I know why you were so.

Thirdly, I am glad that you  taught me the importance of having a sense of humour, even in the toughest moments of life.  I still recall afresh that when things would go terrible but you'd  have a joke ready and my tears would reluctantly turn into a teary smile and than uncontrollable laugh.Probably one of the best legacies I acquired is how to make  people around me smile.


Finally, I want to tell you that I  would have always been there for you. I know you have been afraid thatI might be too busy with my own life to care for you, but that would never have happen. With every success I have had in my life each stepping stone is laid by you.
I hope you are resting in peace in the abode of clouds. I didn't mean to disturb you but I wanted to ensure that you know I still adore you and tell you that you are my only hero. It is unfortunate that today my rolling tears do not have your corny joke to turn them into teary smile.       





2 comments: